Cabin Radio is hiring!
Yes! You, too, can call Cabin Radio home. We've got an opening and we're accepting applications up till the end of November 30, 2018.
We pride ourselves on being a quality source of news, music, and entertainment for the Northwest Territories – and being a part of the communities we serve, who are our friends, family, and the reason we're working so hard.
Cabin Radio's aim is to give the NWT's peoples and organizations a voice, and we need your help to do it.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated account manager to work with our partners and develop new ones across our radio, web, and social media platforms.
The position is part-time, although we are excited by the potential for this post and believe there is an opportunity for full-time hours in time.
The successful applicant will manage their own time, reporting to our creative director (Scott! who is the nicest). Here are the role's responsibilities:
- Create advertisement sales opportunities for radio, web, and social, working with northern businesses in all NWT communities;
- Help develop creative proposals that work for local businesses and generate revenue;
- Be friendly and welcoming to all the people and groups we work with;
- Turn up each day with new ideas – we want to innovate and entertain in partnership with local businesses;
- Understand, and communicate, why Cabin Radio is different and why we offer more to businesses;
- Attend related marketing and trade shows to build new relationships and learn more about being good at what we do;
- Be professional at all times.
Are you interested? Here's what we'd like you to have:
- Sales experience is preferred
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Confidence! You'll need to believe in yourself, and us
- Excellent time management
- Current driver's licence, access to a vehicle
- Motivation, desire to get results
- Working knowledge of radio, web, and social media is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and hit multiple deadlines
Aaaand here are some of the basics you need to know:
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job type: Commission-based
- Shift: Business hours, minimum eight hours per week
- Role: Account management
If you're great at sales but have absolutely zero clue about Cabin Radio, well...
We are the NWT's next radio station – an independent, northern-owned company creating commercial radio, news, and video for the territory's peoples and communities.
We are proud that:
- We support northern businesses and they come first;
- Our journalism is fair, accurate, and reliable;
- We are a creative powerhouse in our broadcasting and advertising;
- We value all of our team members equally; and
- We give back to our communities and protect the environment around us.
At Cabin Radio, you'll be part of a small core team but a much broader group of amazing volunteers and contributors, broadcasting and publishing to a loyal and excited fanbase. You may also get to come and cuddle puppies once a week.
APPLY NOW: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé and anything else you think might help. Closes November 30.