Yes! You, too, can call Cabin Radio home. We've got an opening and we're accepting applications up till the end of November 30, 2018.
We pride ourselves on being a quality source of news, music, and entertainment for the Northwest Territories – and being a part of the communities we serve, who are our friends, family, and the reason we're working so hard.
Cabin Radio's aim is to give the NWT's peoples and organizations a voice, and we need your help to do it.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated account manager to work with our partners and develop new ones across our radio, web, and social media platforms.
The position is part-time, although we are excited by the potential for this post and believe there is an opportunity for full-time hours in time.
The successful applicant will manage their own time, reporting to our creative director (Scott! who is the nicest). Here are the role's responsibilities:
- Create advertisement sales opportunities for radio, web, and social, working with northern businesses in all NWT communities;
- Help develop creative proposals that work for local businesses and generate revenue;
- Be friendly and welcoming to all the people and groups we work with;
- Turn up each day with new ideas – we want to innovate and entertain in partnership with local businesses;
- Understand, and communicate, why Cabin Radio is different and why we offer more to businesses;
- Attend related marketing and trade shows to build new relationships and learn more about being good at what we do;
- Be professional at all times.
Are you interested? Here's what we'd like you to have:
- Sales experience is preferred
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Confidence! You'll need to believe in yourself, and us
- Excellent time management
- Current driver's licence, access to a vehicle
- Motivation, desire to get results
- Working knowledge of radio, web, and social media is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and hit multiple deadlines
Aaaand here are some of the basics you need to know:
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job type: Commission-based
- Shift: Business hours, minimum eight hours per week
- Role: Account management
If you're great at sales but have absolutely zero clue about Cabin Radio, well...
We are the NWT's next radio station – an independent, northern-owned company creating commercial radio, news, and video for the territory's peoples and communities.
We are proud that:
- We support northern businesses and they come first;
- Our journalism is fair, accurate, and reliable;
- We are a creative powerhouse in our broadcasting and advertising;
- We value all of our team members equally; and
- We give back to our communities and protect the environment around us.
At Cabin Radio, you'll be part of a small core team but a much broader group of amazing volunteers and contributors, broadcasting and publishing to a loyal and excited fanbase. You may also get to come and cuddle puppies once a week.
APPLY NOW: Email email@example.com with your resumé and anything else you think might help. Closes November 30.