The City of Yellowknife said firefighters responded to a fire at an encampment near the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre on Thursday – the second encampment fire in two weeks.
On August 8, a fire had been reported at the encampment on 49 Street just before 9:45am.
The August 20 fire, reported just before 11:30pm, only affected one tent, the city said, and the August 8 fire involved “the contents of an encampment.”
No injuries were reported in either fire.
The city said the cause of the fire on August 20 is undetermined.
The fire on August 8 was being investigated by the Yellowknife Fire Department, the city said in a statement to Cabin Radio on August 10. Whether that investigation has reached a conclusion isn’t yet clear. The city has been approached for information.



