Our commitment to ethical journalism
Last updated on July 10, 2018 at 11:14pm
Cabin Radio is committed to high-quality journalism with integrity.
Our reporters work to our code of conduct, which requires the following:
- We prioritize accuracy and fairness in our work.
- We publish breaking news. As such, breaking news stories may contain important and relevant information but not necessarily portray all angles or voices related to a story. In that instance, we have an obligation to flesh out and report important alternative viewpoints as soon as is practicable.
- We do not misquote, or quote out of context, anyone who speaks to us. We make clear when our conversations are off-record or not for attribution. We do not treat anyone unfairly or misleadingly in the interest of a better story.
- We avoid conflicts of interest in our reporting where possible but, if conflicts are unavoidable, make them clear on this website.
- Where corrections and clarifications are necessary, we clearly apply them with a time stamp to our story, outlining not only the correct information but the incorrect reporting which preceded it, and why the error occurred.
Register of interests
Our reporters work in small communities and do not work full-time for Cabin Radio. On this page, we register our interests within the NWT so our relationships with other parties are transparent.
Has represented the following in a volunteer capacity:
- Hamlet of Fort Liard
- NWT Disabilities Council
- NWT Soccer
Has received payment for freelance work or otherwise benefited financially from:
- CBC North
- Cross Country NWT
- Diavik Diamond Mines Inc
- Elections NWT
- Government of Canada
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Independent Environmental Monitoring Agency
- Liidliie Kue First Nation
- Mackenzie Recreation Association
- Mine Training Society
- NWT Recreation & Parks Association
- NWT Riders Association
- NWT Snowboard
- NWT Speed Skating
- NWT Tourism
- NWT Track & Field
- Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre
- Rio Tinto
- Sport North Federation
- Tibbitt-Contwoyto Winter Road Joint Venture
- Verge Communications