RCMP have asked for any evidence Fort Simpson residents have that can help an investigation into a shooting last week that left a man injured.
Last week, police said officers were told a man had been shot in the early hours of Friday, August 14. At the time, police said preliminary information suggested a targeted incident.
Former Fort Simpson mayor Sean Whelly described arriving at the scene to find the man in pain but conscious.
In a fresh appeal on Wednesday afternoon, RCMP said they were looking for any “information or evidence” related to the shooting, which police say occurred in the vicinity of 99B Avenue at about 1:40am on August 14.
Police provided a link at which photos and video can be uploaded.
People can also call the Fort Simpson detachment at 867-695-1111 or use Crime Stoppers anonymously.



